The maintenance level 2 technician position is responsible for performing basic maintenance duties related to the install, troubleshooting, repairs and to maintain production and the facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems. Maintains and supports the maintenance department’s business goals and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Very knowledgeable on the use of voltage meters, reading electrical schematics and measuring tools.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulics, welding, and troubleshooting the repairs of production machines.
- Ability to read and interpret equipment electrical and hydraulic schematics, manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Ability to diagnose robotics systems with emphasis on electrical and programming.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- While performing PM tasks observe equipment and check for any potential problem items not listed on task sheets.
- Learn and improve skills to become Maintenance Technician 3.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 3 years of manufacturing experience in automotive industry with emphasis on stamping related equipment.
- 2 or more years’ experience in some form of maintenance of production machinery.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Computer proficiency – email, Word, Excel required; SAP a plus
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Ability to update standard work forms
- Strong communication skills including written, verbal and listening