Top Gun Staffing Inc, Inc. is Recruiting for a Deputy Plant Manager for an Automotive Parts Manufacturer in the Jackson, MS Area. The Deputy Plant Manager is responsible for FES and plant operational improvement and can have a management delegation responsibility from the plant manager for specific areas and/or functions within the plant (for ex UAPs, maintenance, PC&L, engineering, new program…).
- Drive continuous and breakthrough improvement through plant priorities and resources defined by the PIP (plant improvement plan) and aligned with Strategic Plan business targets using the FES (Faurecia Excellence System) tools and methodologies to support execution
- Be available to intervene in neighboring Plants requiring assistance
- Take over Plant Manager’s responsibilities when the MP General Manager is out of the Plant (for instance when MP GM is actively supporting another Plant)
- In his area (according to the delegation given by the plant manager), contribute or be accountable on the generic plant management missions:
- Ensure safety of employees
- Ensure permanent customer satisfaction and intimacy: quality and deliveries
- Manage variable margin: direct labor efficiency and productivity/ material cost consumption/ Scrap and rework reduction
- Manage fixed cost: indirect labor/ manufacturing costs/ inventory variances
- Manage inventories: appropriate information management and physical flow in the plant.
- Set plant lay out for optimal flow and efficient use of equipment’s: capacity, reliability, operating costs, CAPEX control
- Support sales department for customer claims negotiation
- Act within program team as early as acquisition, to create best conditions for production, secure launches and ensure competitiveness/ profitability of the new programs.
- Drive supplier performance improvement, and material consumption reduction with purchasing department
- Respect for the environment and security of the plant
- Participate in Strategic plan construction to confirm plant mid-term vision and future
- Fulfill legal responsibilities and interface with local authorities
- Secure internal control with the support of financial controller and finance network
- Ensure staffing, induction, training, empowerment and development of all plant employees including managers & professionals, and develop his team to prepare succession
- Manage labor relations
- Manage social climate
- Experience in Automotive Manufacturing
- Experience in management
- Experience with PIP (Plant Improvement Plan)
- New program
- Proven experience in production management and lean manufacturing
- Direct Hire Position
- Competitive Base Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement, and more!!