We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Maintenance Area Leader for a DIRECT HIRE position at a great company. As a Maintenance Area Leader, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the manufacturing facility. Your expertise in maintenance management, team leadership, and technical proficiency will be essential in maintaining the integrity of the production processes and equipment.
- Lead a team of maintenance technicians and specialists to ensure the reliability and uptime of all manufacturing equipment within your designated area.
- Develop and implement preventive maintenance programs to minimize downtime, improve equipment performance, and prolong the lifespan of machinery.
- Collaborate with production and engineering teams to understand maintenance requirements and prioritize tasks to support seamless production schedules.
- Conduct regular inspections of machinery, identify potential issues, and proactively address maintenance needs to prevent costly breakdowns.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose complex mechanical, electrical, and automation problems, and implement effective solutions to minimize production disruptions.
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance activities, including work orders, equipment history, and inventory management for spare parts and supplies.
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and company policies, fostering a culture of safety awareness among the maintenance team.
- Train and mentor maintenance personnel, fostering skill development and promoting a cohesive and efficient work environment.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives, suggesting and implementing process enhancements to optimize equipment performance and reduce operational costs.
- Collaborate with procurement and vendor relations to source necessary spare parts, tools, and equipment, ensuring timely availability for maintenance and repair needs.
- Contribute to budget planning by providing insights into maintenance requirements, resource allocation, and equipment upgrades.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Maintenance, or a related field. Equivalent experience may be considered.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in maintenance management, preferably within an automotive manufacturing environment.
- Strong technical knowledge of various manufacturing equipment, including mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems.
- Proven leadership experience with the ability to effectively manage and lead a diverse maintenance team.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a track record of diagnosing and resolving complex technical issues.
- Solid understanding of preventive maintenance methodologies and reliability-centered maintenance practices.
- Proficiency in using Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) to track work orders, equipment history, and maintenance schedules.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams and convey technical information clearly.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize tasks, and make effective decisions in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with Lean manufacturing principles and continuous improvement methodologies is a plus.
- Relevant certifications (e.g., CMRP, Six Sigma) are advantageous.
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, and retirement plans.
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement within a dynamic and innovative company.
- Access to cutting-edge technology and equipment within the automotive manufacturing industry.
- Engaging and inclusive work environment that values collaboration and teamwork.