At Top Gun Staffing, we specialize in direct hire recruiting for our clients and finding top talent like you!
Maintenance Controls Technician
This position is responsible for all plant machine control systems and documentation, and for working with Engineering on new machine controls and standards.
Shift: M-F 6am-2:30pm with possible OT on the weekend
• Update, modify and improve existing controls systems including robotic programs, ladder logic programs, relay logic, electrical distribution, motor controls, operator interface, hydraulics, and pneumatics distribution and control
• Design and develop new machine controls including robotic, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic and vision systems
• Coordinate with engineering and maintenance on existing machine control modifications to robotic, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic and vision systems
• Create, maintain and keep current all hard copies and electronic databases: all electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics; panel layouts; PLC, operator display, operator interface, and robot programs; machine power distribution and all related vendor controls component part documentation
• Schedule and complete backups of all electronic machine control and robotic programs
• Implement and maintain data collection system from shop floor processing equipment
• Encourage safety and housekeeping practices and lead by example
• Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (Electrical Engineering, Industrial Technology, or similar. OR 10 plus years equivalent experience and education.
• Read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
• Electrical controls engineering background desired.
• Troubleshoot and program relay logic, ladder logic, pneumatic logic and hydraulic logic.
• Understanding and ability to use Excel, Word, Access, Acad 2000 or Acad 2000LT, and all related computer software for machine programming, backup and monitoring.
• Experience with Siemens Processors and Fanuc Robots preferred.