Minneapolis surrounding area
Lead the EQS team. Design, develop, test, and evaluate integrated systems for managing industrial production processes including human work factors, quality control, inventory control, logistics and material flow, cost analysis, coordination with production, establishing standard production rates and improving efficiency.
- Develop manufacturing methods, labor utilization, and cost analysis to promote efficient staff and facility utilization.
- Determine schedules and assignments for work activities based on work priority, quantity of equipment and skill of personnel.
- Plan and establish sequence of operations to fabricate and assemble parts or products and to promote efficient utilization.
- Patrol and monitor work areas and examine tools and equipment in order to detect unsafe conditions, violations of procedures and safety rules
- Coordinate quality control objectives and activities to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, and minimize cost.
- Confer with vendors, staff, and management personnel regarding purchases, procedures, product specifications, manufacturing capabilities, and project status.
- Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency using drafting tools and computer.
- Recommend or initiate personnel actions such as hires, promotions, transfers, discharges and disciplinary measures.
- Examine objects, systems or facilities and analyze information to determine needed installations, services or repairs.
- Participate in budget preparation and administration, coordinating purchasing and documentation, and monitoring departmental expenditures.
- Conduct or arrange for worker training in safety, repair, maintenance techniques, operational procedures and equipment.
- Investigate accidents, injuries, and prepare reports on findings.
- Compile operational and personnel records such as time, production records, inventory data, maintenance statistics and test results.
- Schedule deliveries based on production forecasts, material substitutions, storage and handling facilities and maintenance requirements.
- Inspect, test and measure completed work using devices such as hand tools and gauges to verify conformance to standards and repair requirements.
- Develop and implement electronic maintenance programs and computer information management systems.
- Regulate and alter workflow schedules according to established manufacturing sequences and lead times to expedite production operations.
- Achieve company and department business plans for Health and Safety Goals
- Track monthly budget and control spending by balancing the budget
- Summarize the key metrics for the month and complete the monthly report for your area.
- Manage the business plan theme sheets and ensure your department is reporting monthly.
Two years leadership related experience in maintenance in foundry or steel manufacturing
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)
- Budgeting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Management: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location