Material Manager – Steel Manufacturing
Top Gun Staffing is looking for an amazing Material Manager for a client in the Milwaukee area!!!
Implements, maintains, and ensures conformance to purchasing, material control, shipping and receiving functions in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Assures compliance and maintenance of production reporting system.
- Coordinates, revises, and implements customer purchase orders add releases into the production schedule.
- Maintains daily work-in-process status and balance reporting.
- Maintains daily EDI/MIS systems to ensure correct and up-to-date information.
- Develops and distributes daily die cast machine loading schedule.
- Provides schedules to all outside vendors that perform operations to production parts. Ensures on time delivery from these vendors.
- Supervises the data entry and labor reporting for accuracy and serves as a backup.
- Directs and audits physical inventories as called for by CDCG and is responsible for its accuracy.
- Maintains and assures conformance of purchasing procedures regarding vendor and customers.
- Compiles shipping schedules and coordinates logistics for movement of material.
- Supervises Shipping Clerks and Driver.
- Handles day to day customer service for production parts. Work with Engineering for non-pilots and/or prototypes.
- Negotiate metal zinc and aluminum metal contracts.
- Review and update metal adjustments and notify customers quarterly.
- Maintains historical information that pertains to the above.
- Complete NAFTA/USMCA paperwork as required by customers in Canada/Mexico.
- Responsible for the Imprest and Petty Cash accounts. Responsible for accuracy in the disbursement of funds.
- Responsible for monthly manufacturing and customer sales projections.
- Responsible for the setup of BOMs, routers, and all new parts in QAD.
- Responsible for cycle counting program.
- Such other duties as are assigned from time-to-time.
- Ensure on time and accurate delivery to customers with a goal of 100%.
- Ensure paperwork and invoicing is accurate and paid timely.
- Maintains proper work-in-process and finished goods inventory levels.
- Communicate internal problems with the Manager and key team members on pertinent issues.
- Communicates any potential or actual customer or vendor problems to the General Manager.
- Exhibits Companies Core Values.
- Regularly report to work on time with a desire of performing to the best of ability.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while maintain a clean work environment.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- College degree and/or five years related experience.
- Proficient computer skills in the use of excel or similar programs.
- QAD or MRP experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience with integrated manufacturing software.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Possess good physical stamina and coordination. Specific physical requirements of the position include the ability to:
- Sit at a computer for prolonged periods of time.
- Promptly detect and respond to visual and auditory safety instructions, alarms, and signals.
- Wear personal protective equipment in production, for example: safety glasses, gloves, hats, ear plugs, and steel-toed safety shoes.
- Work in a loud manufacturing environment that is not climate controlled (conditions can be hot or cold) and/or in hazardous environments.
- Occasionally and repetitively:
- Walk and stand for periods of time.
- Lift or carry materials weighing up to 20lbs.
- Bend, lift, push, pull, twist, kneel, crouch, and reach to perform work.
- Recognizes potential exposure to mechanical, chemical, electrical, and explosive hazards.