Top Gun Staffing Inc is working with a Manufacturer in the greater Oakland County area to fill a Direct Hire Payroll and Benefits Specialist position.
Paying up to $85,000 a year.
Payroll & Benefits Specialist
Objective of the Position: Performs all activities necessary to process payrolls, including maintaining related records, mainaining HRIS/Payroll system, maintaining time clock system, filing accurate tax reports, processing voluntary deduction, processing involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments, documenting and updating procedures, and preparing special reports for senior management. Administers benefits plans for medical, dental, prescription, vision, FSA, COBRA, 401(k), life and disability insurance plans.
Essential Accountabilities: The position incumbent ensures, that
- Performs all activities necessary to process three biweekly payrolls, including updating employee payroll records (taxes, 401k, etc), computing wage, and overtime payments (per DOL), calculating and recording payroll deductions, processing payment and deductions requests and recording all transaction on a control sheet.
- Verify that all payroll changes have the required approval prior to entering the changes in the payroll.
- Maintain all payroll related records per federal and state laws.
- Maintain ADP HRIS system (HRB, Payroll & E-Time) and provides assistance to end users (HR at all sites).
- Conduct at least quarterly audits of tax reports, labor and wage reports, cash advance, HRB/Payroll comparison and timecards.
- Manage Pay Card program.
- Create and distributes monthly headcounts reports for the Americas.
- Maintain invoices for ADP and benefit carriers and track monthly cost in Excel.
- Daily administration of employee health and other benefit programs, including 401K.
- Audit carrier connections files weekly against HRIS data (medical, dental, prescription, vision, life, disability, 401(k), FSA & COBRA) and work with local HR and benefit carriers to ensure accuracy and make correction.
- Approve life events & benefit elections weekly in HRIS.
- Audit benefits invoices in Jan, Feb and October to ensure HRIS matches invoices and make necessary corrections.
- Conduct SSN# verification biweekly to ensure new hires added to HRIS are accurate and valid
- Coordinate manual checks after payroll run.
- Create processes, policies and procedures to improve payroll process and ensure efficiency/accuracy.
- Manually enroll/term employees from Medical, Dental, Rx, FSA, 401k, Life, Disability and COBRA plans in urgent situations.
- Ensures all benefit invoices are paid and plans are active.
- Maintain ADP file number spreadsheet, to ensure no duplicate numbers are assigned.
- Maintain carrier connection and launch new carrier connections as needed.
- SME expert for all ADP systems and payroll law.
Secondary Accountabilities: The position incumbent ensures, that
- Conduct all business-related activities for, and on the behalf of, The Company within the limits of applicable local, state, and federal legal requirements.
- Provide support to, and compliance with, all local and corporate The Company Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) policies, procedures and other HSE related requirements.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and follows all polices related to TS16949 and ISO 14001; looks for way to improve and promote quality.
- Other duties as assigned.
Professional Background / Basic Qualification / Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, Human Resources or other related field.
- Minimum three years related experience in payroll.
- CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) designation.
- Ability to travel domestically by car or plane.
- Minimum three years’ experience processing payroll using ADP
- Strong understanding of payroll laws, ERISA and HIPAA
- Must have strong Excel skills with capability to create advanced spreadsheets and reports
- Accuracy in data entry and attention to detail