Location: Shepherdsville, KY
Position: Plant Material Supervisor (Direct Hire)
- Responsible for the efficient movement of material within the plant conducted by Materials Handler, supplying material to specific locations within the plant.
- Responsible for approving all hourly timecard/payroll data for material handlers.
- Daily posting of the pre-operational forklift log and assisting in the cycle counting of specific components as required by the Assistant Materials Supervisor.
- Assist in the verification of incoming material as to the specific part number and quantity against the receipt and incoming material checklist. Report all discrepancies to the Materials Coordinator.
- Assure that shipping and receiving employee roles and responsibilities are completed efficiently and timely.
- Record lot control on incoming material.
- Complete daily forklift checklist.
- Material must be loaded and unloaded in a timely manner, avoiding premium waiting time charges.
- Performs other duties deemed necessary by the Materials Leader/Supervisor/Manager.
- Log lot control numbers on safety items.
- Assist in cycle counts as deemed necessary by the Materials Supervisor.
- Assist the Materials Coordinator and Materials Assistant Manager with the investigation of inventory errors and discrepancies.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
- Responsible for maintaining forklift load standards.
- Maintain First In First Out (FIFO) throughout the plant.
- Has the authority to stop production if a quality or safety concern is noticed.
Education / Skill / Experience Requirements:
- High School graduate minimum or equivalent, 2-yr Associates Degree preferred.
- At least 2 years experience in a manufacturing automotive environment.
- Ability to teach and lead others on material handling matters.
- Capable and experienced with safe operation of material handling equipment such as fork trucks, tote carts and tuggers.
- Familiar with part sequencing, kiting, bar coding and importance of safe material handling principles.
- Good oral/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Above average mechanical aptitude and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of internal shop order numbers, their components and importance required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $57,975.03 – $78,954.39 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Work Location: One location