- Position: Stamping Process Engineer
- Location: Hoover, AL
- Type: Direct Hire
- Day Shift – Monday – Friday 7:30am – 4:00pm
This position is responsible for analyzing automotive structural components to determine the best manufacturing process. Bring your engineering expertise to help grow our metal stamping production area. The Manufacturing/process Engineer lives between our Engineering leadership and the client in a key role in making sure our components are programmable and ready to manufacture.
Scope of the Position
Responsible for evaluating existing processes and configuring manufacturing systems to reduce cost, improve sustainability, and develop best practices within the production process.
What we are looking for
- University degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology and/or 3 – 5 years of various manufacturing processes (stamping, fabrication, welding, assembly, etc ) and tooling experience (in automotive environment is preferred)
- Knowledge in CAD : 3D Models, SPC, drawings and GD&T an asset
- Ability to understand and implement APQP, PPAP, FMEA and Control Plans.
- Working knowledge / understanding of Drawn Arc stud welding (Emhart)
- Strong knowledge of Resistance Welding (Medar/Bosch), Projection and Mig Welding (GMAW & FCAW)
- Open to periodic travel throughout the US
- Strong understanding of robotics, control systems and machine operation and troubleshooting
- Designing and developing manufacturing processes for enhancements, product changes, and new products, and related fixtures and tooling that are consistent with zero defect level and low product cost.
- Estimating staffing requirements, production times, and relative costs to provide data for operational decisions.
- Conferring with vendors in determining product specifications and arranging equipment, parts, material purchase, and evaluating products accordingly to quality standards and specifications.
- Analyse data and identify root causes of defects. Provide corrective actions in order to improve a particular process or product yield.
- This position works with minimal supervision, this position also concerns itself with confidential company documents.
- Responsible for the PPAP’s, FAI’s, Control Plans, Process Capabilities Studies, GR&R and FMEA’s as part of APQP’s and NPI’s processes.
- Responsible for originating and implementing inspection procedures and plans.
- Directing customer liaison on quality matters involving company products
- Receiving direct communications relating to quality problems from customer, purchasing, engineering, quality, customer service and sales personnel.
Office Environment and Plant Floor (40% Office, 60% Plant Floor)
- Working in a great team environment.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.
- Long term disability coverage.
- Safety shoe and prescription safety glasses reimbursement.
- Supplier discounts.
- Tuition reimbursement and training opportunities.
Job Type – Full Time Salaried.
COME JOIN A WINNING TEAM!