Excellent Direct Hire Staff Accounting opportunity in the White Plains, South Carolina area. First shift / up to 70k in annual compensation DOE.
The Staff Accountant – Accounts Receivable (AR) is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of all accounts receivable related to production, sales and tracking of tooling programs, including AP, AR, and reconciliations.
Key Responsibilities Essential Functions of The Position
• Responsible for preparing any checks received for deposit.
• Responsible for processing and posting all payments received.
• Responsible for processing customer debit/credit memos.
• Responsible for following up with customers concerning any payments received that differ from agreed-upon prices or quantities.
• Responsible for reviewing aging report and contacting customers to repay past-due invoices.
• Responsible for preparing a report detailing customer balances past due and steps taken to resolve the balances.
• Responsible for creating and posting non-delivery related invoices and maintaining the manual invoice log and the manual invoices binders
. • Assist in annual year-end inventory count and reconciliation.
• Assist in other areas of the department as needed and as directed by the Controller.
Position Key Qualifications/Requirements
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Education And/or Experience• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is required or equivalent years of experience and certified training. 1-2 years of experience is preferred. • Experience with SAP and advanced Excel skills is required.