At Top Gun Staffing, we specialize in recruiting top direct hire talent for our clients.
We are seeking an Industrial Engineer with strong and proven leadership skills and the ability to organize, direct and motivate people and will evaluate and oversee casting processing and automation.
Target salary range $70-80,000
Perform engineering duties in planning and designing tools, fixtures, jigs, gating / risering of DISA Vertical and Georg Fisher Horizontal patterns.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Confer with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Investigate and Lead cross functional teams in evaluation of scrap / defects in castings and develop C/M plans.
- Use of computer-assisted design (CAD) (CATIA/Solidworks) software.
- Provide feedback to design engineers on customer problems and needs.
- Build gating systems for tooling based off of 3DDrawings or Blueprints.
- Conduct trials, track progress, develop reports and present findings.
- Recommend design modifications for improvements to current or proposed products.
- Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification.
- Functional use of hand tools / power tools to build gating, risering, runner systems.
- Perform personnel functions such as supervision of production workers, technicians, technologists and other engineers, or design of evaluation programs.
- Ability to understand or learn NOVACAST or MAGMA Simulation Software.
- Understanding of ferrous Micro-Structures / Layout devices & Tools / Measuring abilities
- Write performance requirements for product development or engineering projects.
- Perform audits of non-conforming material at customer facilities.
- Support tooling maintenance and evaluation at all ACM facilities.
- Achieve company and department business plans for Health and Safety Goals
Bachelor’s Degree (four-year college or technical school) or equivalent experience
Two + years related experience
Auto CAD / CATIA and SolidWorks / 3D Modeling
NOVACAST – preferred but not required