Top Gun is now hiring for an experienced Assembly Team Lead. The Automotive Manufacturing Assembly Team Leader is responsible for overseeing the assembly operations in an automotive manufacturing facility. This role requires strong leadership skills, technical expertise, and a deep understanding of assembly processes and quality standards. The Team Leader will be responsible for coordinating and supervising a team of assembly line workers, ensuring production targets are met, maintaining quality standards, and fostering a safe and efficient work environment.
Shift – 2nd shift
Pay 23-26 and hour DOE
- Lead and motivate a team of assembly line workers, providing guidance, coaching, and support.
- Set clear performance expectations and provide regular feedback to team members.
- Foster a positive and collaborative work environment, promoting teamwork and employee engagement.
- Conduct regular team meetings to communicate goals, objectives, and any changes in processes or procedures.
Production Planning and Coordination:
- Collaborate with production planning and scheduling teams to ensure the availability of necessary materials, equipment, and resources for assembly operations.
- Allocate resources effectively to meet production targets and timelines.
- Monitor production progress and adjust workflows as needed to maintain efficiency.
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and specifications throughout the assembly process.
- Conduct regular quality inspections and audits to identify and address any defects or deviations.
- Implement corrective actions to improve quality and prevent reoccurrence of issues.
- Collaborate with quality control teams to implement and maintain quality control processes.
- Continuously evaluate assembly processes and identify areas for improvement.
- Implement process enhancements and best practices to optimize productivity, quality, and safety.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, encouraging team members to provide suggestions and participate in problem-solving activities.
Safety and Compliance:
- Ensure compliance with all safety regulations and company policies.
- Conduct regular safety meetings and trainings to promote a safe work environment.
- Investigate and report any safety incidents or near-miss events, implementing corrective measures as required.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation related to assembly operations, including production reports, quality records, and standard operating procedures.
- Prepare regular reports on production performance, quality metrics, and any other relevant KPIs.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent; a degree or certification in a relevant field is a plus.
- Previous experience in automotive manufacturing assembly or a similar production environment.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to motivate and engage a team.
- In-depth knowledge of assembly processes, quality control, and lean manufacturing principles.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Proficiency in using manufacturing software systems and tools for production tracking and reporting.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and procedures in a manufacturing setting.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexibility to work in shifts and adapt to changing production demands.