Top Gun Staffing Inc is currently seeking an Assistant Purchasing Manager for a Global Manufacturer located in Battle Creek, MI. If you are looking for a company that fosters Innovation and partnership, then this is the opportunity for you! Qualified Candidates will provide purchasing support to various departments ensuring timely completion of projects.
- Overall supervision of the Purchasing department with a focus on Supplier Materials and Crib Processes.
- Carry out purchasing programs to ensure the quality of materials, parts are acquired at low cost with speedy delivery.
- Maintain a viable list of suppliers by sourcing and selecting vendors while analyzing quotes and awarding appropriate purchase orders
- Develop Specifications for products purchased and ensure Client specifications are adhered to by suppliers
- Expedite delivery of purchased materials, adjust and settle complaints and approve invoices for payment while ensuring quality products are being delivered
- Communicate effectively and coordinate with internal partners, plant managers, and associates
- Immediately address any safety hazards to appropriate leadership
- Work with Health, safety and EHS Coordinator to ensure new materials are safe for employees and consumers.
- Continuously work improve to CMS systems
- Ensure stock is kept up to date and obsolete materials are appropriately removed from inventory
- BA Degree preferably in Finance
- 6+ years experience within a logistics/Materials production control environment
- Strong Computer skills including knowledge of MRP Systems
- Ability to work in every changing environments