We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Commercial Coordinator to join our Engineering team within the fast-paced and innovative environment of automotive manufacturing. As a Commercial Coordinator, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the seamless coordination between engineering, procurement, sales, and production teams, while also facilitating effective communication with suppliers, customers, and internal stakeholders. Your focus on commercial aspects, combined with your technical understanding of automotive engineering, will be essential in driving successful project outcomes and maintaining a competitive edge in the market.
Project Coordination: Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams including engineering, procurement, production, and sales to ensure the timely execution of automotive engineering projects while adhering to budgetary and timeline constraints.
Contract Management: Manage contracts, agreements, and purchase orders with suppliers, customers, and partners. Negotiate terms and conditions to optimize cost efficiency and project deliverables, while mitigating risks.
Cost Analysis: Conduct thorough cost analysis for various engineering projects, considering factors such as materials, labor, manufacturing processes, and overheads. Provide insights and recommendations to optimize project profitability.
Supplier Relationship Management: Build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers, fostering open communication and collaboration. Monitor supplier performance, address issues promptly, and identify opportunities for improvement.
Customer Interface: Act as a point of contact for customer inquiries, clarifications, and updates related to commercial aspects of engineering projects. Address customer concerns and provide necessary information to ensure customer satisfaction.
Market Research: Stay informed about market trends, competitor activities, and industry developments within the automotive manufacturing sector. Use this knowledge to contribute to pricing strategies and business decisions.
Risk Assessment and Mitigation: Identify potential risks in project execution, such as supply chain disruptions, cost overruns, or quality issues. Develop and implement risk mitigation strategies to ensure project success.
Documentation and Reporting: Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of commercial agreements, project details, and communication records. Generate reports on project status, financial performance, and other relevant metrics for management review.
- Experience with business applications (budget, business plans, quotations)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Post-secondary business education required, or related experience
- Proven experience 5+years in a similar role within the automotive manufacturing industry.
- Strong understanding of automotive engineering processes, materials, and manufacturing techniques.
- Excellent negotiation and contract management skills with a demonstrated ability to achieve favorable outcomes.
- Proficiency in data analysis, cost modeling, and financial calculations.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with internal teams, customers, and suppliers.
- Detail-oriented mindset with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Proficient in using project management and office software (e.g., Microsoft Office, SAP, ERP systems).
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance and industry standards in automotive manufacturing.
- Adaptability to changing business needs and a fast-paced environment.