Top Gun seeks a dynamic, Top Tier, career minded Controls Engineer for a direct hire opportunity in the Battle Creek, MI area. This is a 1st shift role, 90k-120k in annual compensation.
- Works well with minimal supervision.
- Works with Manufacturing and Engineering in the development of standards and specifications.
- Develops and implements improvements to specific controls systems.
- Lead cross-functional project teams related to controls issues.
- Spearheads technical support for controls systems during the introduction of new equipment. Manages the assembly and installation as well as assemble and installs new equipment.
- Ensure proper controls documentation delivery form the Original Equipment Manufacturer.
- Ensure properly documented equipment breakdown/activity reports.
- Ensure maintenance task are completed and documented.
- Identify training needs for Maintenance Technicians.
- Provide training and application feedback to maintenance supervisor.
- Hands on leadership and direction during equipment downtime situations.
- Ensures Root Cause of downtime is properly investigated and resolved.
- Robotic troubleshooting.
- Electrical troubleshooting.
- Pneumatic troubleshooting.
- Effectively communicate with vendors both parts suppliers and equipment suppliers.
- Develop preventative maintenance procedures on electrical equipment.
- Maintain maintenance Quality standards and preventative/ predictive maintenance is compliant with TS16949 Requirements.
- Endure all PLCs and robotic programs are backed-up on a weekly basis.
- SPM Improvements by optimizing Robots and PLCs
- Maintain safety standards of equipment in work area.
- Promote good housekeeping (5S).
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Technical Associates Degree preferred or equivalent automated manufacturing experience required.
Technical knowledge will be demonstrate