The Cost Accountant will perform advanced cost accounting analyses to compare estimated costs to actual costs and prepare a variety of related budget reports.
· Gathers and compiles cost information and maintains database concerning expenses.
· Develops systems and procedures for accumulation systems and/or cost accounting functions.
· Determines fixed costs such as salaries, rent, and insurance.
· Predicts, plans, and records variable costs such as purchases of raw material, labor, and operation costs.
· Reviews and analyzes actual costs to identify inaccuracies.
· Prepares necessary departmental and company-wide budgeting reports.
· Reviews, analyzes, and reports actual profit margins.
· Performs month-end and year-end closings with assistance.
· Determines and recommends cost-effective solutions.
· Provides product sample costs for Marketing and General Accounting.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software as well as accounting software.
· Thorough understanding of accounting procedures.
· Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
· Excellent analytical and organizational skills, with close attention to detail.
· Ability to manage confidential information.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
· At least two years of experience in cost accounting required.
· Previous manufacturing experience required
Job Type: Full-time