Top Gun Staffing has partnered with a successful automotive manufacturing client in the Troy, MI area to identify an established Division Machine Safety Manager. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years experience in a safety role and at least 2-3 years in a manufacturing setting.
There will be up to 70% travel.
If this sounds like something you or someone you know would be interested in, KEEP READING!
This candidate must possess a B.S. in a related field, 2+ years knowledge with machine guarding, supplier requirements, and international regulatory requirements.
A few day-to-day tasks include:
- Lead and/or participate in plant machinery audits and inspections and follow up on recommendations with the plants through review of facility incident report, record keeping, and treatment files; machinery specifications programs; environmental legal & other requirements in support of the HSE Management System
- Serve as Certified Machine Safety Expert (CMSE) and maintain appropriate certifications
- Review and validate machinery safety specifications and equipment with program team engineers, suppliers and plants to ensure safe new equipment process and lessons learned are integrated from prior events
- Execute the Division HSE Machine Safety Program and coordinate with Plant HSE and Program Managers for successful completion of Program elements
- Monitor and support plants in the reporting of HSE indicators (OSHA Injury/illness rates, Company frequency rate metrics, periodic environmental data, etc.)
Please apply with your most RECENT professional resume (not Indeed format).
Salary is negotiable and starts at $110k based on experience