Top Gun Staffing is proudly working with a well-known Tier 1 Automotive Manufacturer to hire an experienced Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Manager. This position will provide leadership to current and new employees, manage EHS activities, programs and incident prevention activities at assigned location(s), and ensure compliance with local, state, and national requirements. The position will also be responsible for developing and implementing safety programs, policies, training, and procedures. The position will promote a culture of safety and a healthy work environment.
- Manages site in activities to achieve EHS goals and objectives.
- Drives and promotes zero incident culture and employee engagement throughout the business.
- Uses established EHS data processes to manage and report data such as injuries and illnesses, environmental metrics, risk assessments, EHS action items and other pertinent information.
- Evaluate safety data to lead and coordinate the safety effort for continual improvement.
- Ensure audits are completed on a regular basis of the office areas, warehouse, and production areas to detect existing or potential risks and hazards.
- Establish and maintain facility specific management plans for hazardous waste and non-hazardous materials. Audit treatment, storage, disposal and recycling facilities that handle, process and dispose all operational wastes.
- Organize and manage teams to identify and implement safety improvements, waste reductions and resource conservation.
- The employee will be required to stand and walk through manufacturing and/or laboratory facilities throughout the day. The employee may also be required to climb to elevated positions, or stoop to low levels to make physical observations. The noise level in the facility is moderate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Sciences/Engineering, Occupational Safety, or equivalent required.
- 5+ years of experience with an emphasis in health and safety management or experience in a manufacturing environment requiring adherence to strong health and safety practices.
- Strong ability to lead, motivate, engage and influence others
- Ability to take innovative approaches to improve processes and solve problems.
- Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, and ability to work in a team environment.