Safety is number one in this manufacturing facility. The primary responsibility of the EHS Manager is to provide strategic assistance and ensure compliance with all OSHA, EPA, and any other associated regulations to keep our associates, their families, and our community safe.
• Identifying and spearheading continuous improvement activities to improve the overall health and safety of the facility.
• Provide expertise to the review of safety and environmental related issues as it pertains to associates and equipment.
• Liaison with customers and communicate current and future changes to safety and environmental policies/procedure.
• Direct and manage safety committees both at the Associate and Sr. Leadership levels.
• Assist with the design, implementation, maintenance, and review of the site’s Environmental Program to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal guidelines.
• Perform weekly and monthly audits as required by OSHA and EPA compliance.
• Conducts and revise emergency procedures.
• Audit Hazardous waste procedures and maintain records.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Environmental Engineering, or related field • 3 – 5 years’ experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• OSHA 30 Certification
• Advanced knowledge on safety and environmental regulations
• Strong communication skills to include verbal, written, and non-verbal. DESIRED
• Prior Experience in Auto Manufacturing
• Strong environmental background, SPCC, Title 5, water testing ,Tier 2
• CSP or CMSP Certification
• Previous experience with ISO 14001 and IATF Certifications
• Basic understanding of Lean Manufacturing and Sequencing Processes