Top Gun Staffing Inc is working with a Tier One Auomotive MFG to fill a Direct Hire EHS Manager role.
- Manage and promote practices and processes intended to provide safe products that comply with appropriate laws and regulations, meet the company quality standards, and serve the needs of our customers.
- Take ownership and demonstrate leadership necessary to achieve goals specific to Safety, Quality, Service, Efficiency and Employee Development
- Monitor KPI’s anticipating and correcting trends which would compromise achievement of targets
- Lead by example to promote and encourage employees to strongly commit to safety and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Consult with all regulatory agencies, ensure compliance and manage audits
- Direct, develop and deliver EHS training programs to ensure employee’s knowledge, understanding and adherence to safety and environmental regulations pertaining to the operation of the facility.
- Manage EHS programs including cost control/reduction and accident prevention/reduction.
- Develop, implement and coordinate all Industrial Hygiene activities including non-hazardous, hazardous, and universal and infectious waste disposal.
- Develop, implement and coordinate all Fire Prevention/Protection and Ergonomic programs.
- Track, approve and maintain chemical inventories for hazard notification, reporting requirements and Material Safety Data Sheet system updates.
- Develop procedures, work instructions and visual standards as needed to drive improvement and ensure implementation
- Assist in identifying and developing audit/inspection criteria which are effective in preventing or controlling deficient or problematic processes
- Ensure all EHS issues identified during internal/external audits and Safety Committee audits are resolved.
- Provide support for incident investigations and Why Tree/Root Cause Analysis.
- Collaborate with local Human Resources Manager in the administration of Worker’s Compensation and Early Return to Work Program.
- Understand, support and follow management expectations in alignment with company values
- Supervise, cross-train and direct the work of others
- Responsible for employee onboarding, coaching/counseling, development, discipline, performance appraisals, administration of policies and assignment of breaks, lunches, and other relief periods
- Make recommendations regarding staffing decisions
- Conduct or participate in the interview process with new candidates.
Core Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate must possess all of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Five (5) years of experience managing EHS initiatives
- Demonstration of minimum proficiency with the English language in order to ensure effective new hire training and on-going communications about safety and quality issues
- Displays strong interpersonal skills and is accessible and approachable
- Ability to utilize business sense and creativity to develop new ideas, approaches and solutions
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in planning, resource allocation, cost analysis and budgeting, people management, and leadership guidance
- Ability to utilize and train employees on technology, processes and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written skills necessary in order to persuade and influence decision making of individuals, groups, or work teams, and to communicate difficult issues
- Experience in managing/handling compliance issues, permitting for all media, OSHA/EPA programs, regulatory reviews, permit preparation, reporting and record keeping.
- Experience in evaluating/interpreting OSHA, EPA and DOT regulations and NFPA, ANSI, ASTM, ASME, BOMA and BOCA standards.
- Experience with Federal, State and local Worker’s Compensation law
- Prior experience establishing proactive Ergonomics Program
- Experience using Microsoft Office, including the ability to create basic reports, documents, presentations and spreadsheets in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
- Ability to be on-call 24/7 and work weekends
- Work is split between an office environment, production facility, and/or warehouse
- Exposure to extreme heat, loud noise, dirt, dust, odors, and fumes is probable
- Required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in required areas
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- BS degree in Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering or other science field
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience managing multi-shift or continuous operations
- Paper converting, chemical/plastics processing and packaging industrial experience
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Professional Engineer (PE), Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), Certified Safety Professional (ASP/CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) certification