Responsible for receiving, distributing, and recording of incoming and outgoing shipments in a safe and efficient manner in order to assist with inventory management and product distribution.
- Receive incoming materials and goods following established procedures.
- Route materials and goods as required, following first-in, first-out (FIFO) control concepts.
- Arrange for transportation and ship finished goods and other miscellaneous items in a timely and efficient manner, per established procedures.
- Ensure daily express shipments are ready and processed on time. Communicate as needed.
- Transfer or distribute components, raw materials, subassemblies, etc. to other departments as needed.
- Conduct regular cycle counts or full physical inventory counts and report as required to provide evidence of inventory control.
- Maneuver heavy materials with the use of fork truck, pallet and hand truck as required in a safe manner.
- Record and maintain current records of distribution activities in an electronic database to support the daily operations of distribution.
- Adhere to and assist in writing and maintaining procedures and work instructions.
- Comply with company policies and procedures, especially safety regulations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Computer Skills
- Ability to lift at least 40 pounds
- Ability to operate Fork Truck
- Able to obtain a Chauffeur’s license for driving a box truck
- Degree: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Three years’ experience in shipping, receiving, distribution, and inventory environment preferred.
- Forklift operation required.
- SAP experience preferred
- MRO, Shipping