- Job: Engineering Maintenance Manager
- Location: Murfreesboro surrounding area
- Type: Direct hire
- Compensation: 120,000 – 150,000k
The Engineering Maintenance Manager is to to ensure that series production meets customer requirements, support to the continuous improvement process, ensure the plant readiness to launch successful new programs, manage and report key ME indicators. This is a hands-on, involved senior engineering leadership role for someone looking for an opportunity to make a tangible impact in manufacturing operations and engineering parts for major OEMs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the continuous improvement process in Labor, Quality, Equipment and Engineering
- Develop capital budget requirements to adhere to established facilities standards
- Participate in the definition of the production process and selection of machines and equipment
- Support production in the start of new processes to ensure a successful SOP (initial samples, run @ rate, work instructions) managing PLTL’s.
- Participate to the gate reviews and validate the industrial gate reviews
- Support to RFQ (Request for Quotation) in order to give manufacturing inputs
- Staff, train coach, assess and develop the plant ME and Maintenance teams (direct or dotted line)
- Support and train other networks/functions (PSE, QSE…)
- Schedule specific technical trainings from suppliers/ vendors.
- Participation in the management of the expertise network (knowledge capitalization)
- Consolidate ME key indicators of the plants and propose action plans
- Support commitments established in the ISO 14001 Environmental Policy.
- Utilizes new technology and Lean Manufacturing principals and processes to maximize efficiency
- Plans, manages and executes capital asset programs in compliance with Annual Operating Plan and established policy
- Promotes development cost saving initiatives
- Develops a work environment within manufacturing that promotes trust, teamwork quality and safety
- Assigns accountability, builds teams, hires, develops, evaluates, trains, coaches and disciplines with corrective action as needed
- Ensures the adherence to Safeway policies, practices and procedures
If you are passionate about making a difference and being part of a team that is shaping the future, take a closer look. We look for strong, stand-out recruits with the desire to elevate our organization and make it the best it can be — for our employees, our customers and our community.
Education Requirements: BS Engineering or Technology required (Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred or related field)
- At least 5 years of experience in production area, including one position in Manufacturing Engineering
- Preferably a Master degree in engineering or applicable work experience
- Good financial skills (costing, budget, investment)
Job titles of previous hires
Manager, Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Manager, Engineer, Plant Engineer