We are looking for a knowledgeable Environmental Specialist to join our team. In this role, you will be required to train employees on safety policies and practices, conduct regular inspections, generate assessment reports, and ensure that all guidelines and regulations are adhered to.
- Meeting with the management team to define EHS goals and objectives.
- Conducting inspections to identifying hazards and violations. Provide solutions and strategies for hygiene, health, and safety hazards.
- Implementing new health and safety protocols and procedures to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Work with multiple departments on design and floor layout, inspect the use of equipment, shops, safety programs, and fire precautions
- Keep teams and leaders alert to hazards such as; Toxic fumes, dangerous chemicals, and various hazardous substances.
- Generating assessment documentation, incident and accident reports, and health and safety manuals.
- Reporting to management, OSHA, and other regulatory agencies.
- Preparing and submitting compliance documents to the relevant organizations.
- Creating training programs and materials to improve safety practices and promote safety consciousness throughout the plant.
- Keeping abreast of the latest EHS trends, policies, regulations, and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering, safety management, or similar.
- OSHA or similar EHS certification.
- Minimum of 5 years in an EHS role in manufacturing
- Proficiency in computer programs such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong leadership and training abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Acute attention to detail and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.