Top Gun Staffing has an opportunity for a Plant Controller at an expanding high volume manufacturing plant with an investment of more than $31 million and addition of 50 jobs.
The industry involves new technology and there is a new product line at the facility. It is a dynamic environment. There is promotion potential and a 10% bonus potential that has the capability of being higher. There are major company benefits and relocation assistance is also available.
Manages accounting functions and the preparation of reports and statistics reflecting earnings, profits, cash balances and other financial results. Formulates and administers approved accounting practices throughout the organization to ensure that financial and operating reports accurately reflect the condition of the business and provide reliable information necessary to control operations within assigned entity.
- Oversees and manages the preparation and presentation of daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly and annual financial information for management and outside parties. This may include leading one or more period end closing activities.
- Ensures controls are in place, general ledger accounts are reconciled on a periodic basis and that overall data and system integrity as it relates to financial data is in compliance with GAAP and Company policies.
- Manages and ensures general accounting functions are performed properly.
- Prepares and monitors financial forecasts, budgets, expenditures; coordinates variance data and allocations and performs cost estimating projects.
- Works with functional managers throughout the company to identify opportunities for improved efficiencies and offer recommendations for improvement. Coordinates review of inventory balances and inventory monitoring programs.
- Manages division systems and the compilation and analysis of management reports and statistical statements.
- Manages internal and external financial statement audit requirements.
- Performs full range of managerial responsibilities which may include but not be limited to: interviewing, hiring, coaching and developing employees; planning, assigning and directing work; EEO/AA; performance management; department budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Skills Requirements
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of analysis techniques that assist in report preparation for decision-making purposes
- Thorough understanding of general accounting functions as well as cost accounting and standard cost setting
- Familiarity with profit and loss analysis, standard operating and capital budgeting
- Advanced organization skills necessary to manage multiple assignments and priorities
- Experience in working in an AS400 environment (CMS or Solarsoft experience is preferred)
- Knowledge of Bill 198 internal control requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills for interface and communicate with diverse groups
- Leadership skills and the ability to be influential
- Strong computer literacy, especially experience with financial software systems
- Fluent in English and primary language used in area of responsibility and/or location
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field, or equivalent education and experience
- College diploma or University Accounting degree (CA, CMA or CPA designation preferred)
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in a manufacturing environment with complete responsibility for the finance function
- Minimum of five years of manufacturing accounting experience and CPA designation or seven years of related experience without CPA designation
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is required as well as some ERP experience (utilized is SAP, but will consider others)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $140,000.00 – $160,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
Work Location: One location