**Must have FOAM SEATING experience!**
Ensures that assigned plant operations demonstrate world-class performance. Provides leadership, management, and technical expertise to all Focus Factories.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs and coordinates all activities in all areas to execute a production plan that ensures operations meet quality, cost, delivery, and safety goals. Manages financial aspects of operations and understands the effect on financial performance.
- Must reduce the cost of daily operations by continually improving processes and eliminating waste. Supports the introduction of improved business/manufacturing methods while driving continuous improvement and waste elimination activities within assigned areas.
- Provides leadership and support to staff and assists in employees’ skill development. Develops a flexible team-based organization focused on goals and objectives.
- Maintains compliance with all organization policies, standards and practices.
- Performs all work in compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures as well as all federal, State and local laws; promptly reports any hazardous condition or workplace injury to Director of Operations and EHS designate. Ensures that facilities are in full compliance with all safety regulations.
- Directs, promotes and reviews programs relating to safety, quality and productivity in the division and recommends changes where desirable. Performs regular workplace inspections and monitors compliance with all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations Management, Industrial Engineering or other manufacturing related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience in manufacturing supervision in an automotive setting.
- Must possess a well developed and proven leadership style with the ability to mentor, coach, counsel and train a team environment with diverse population toward long-term departmental and organizational goals.
- Solid organizational skills in order to prioritize responsibilities based on constantly changing business needs and expectations.
- Demonstrated employee relationship and management skills to support, develop, and lead a cohesive, team. Must carry out duties ethically and in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills. The ability to effectively communicate individually and to groups of diverse backgrounds to assure desired actions and outcomes are understood. The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from technical and management staff when needed.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to use deductive reasoning and keep several activities moving forward simultaneously.
- Solid working knowledge of MS Excel.
- Complete training to Work Instructions as required for position in the EHS Training Matrix, and as required under “Ops Manager”.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations Management, Industrial Engineering or other manufacturing related field.
- Eight to ten years (8-10) of operations supervisory experience, including automotive manufacturing.
- Solid understanding of Lean Manufacturing Production System.