HR Generalist in Mercer, PA
Steel Manufacturing – Direct Hire
The HR Generalist will be responsible for providing administrative and coordination support to the HR Team. You will be involved in day-to-day HR operations of the company, including benefits administration, onboarding, off boarding, employee database management, and special HR projects.
- Maintains employee records ensuring completion and accuracy of detail such as employee information, job classification, pay rates, organizational structure, and other key items.
- Conducts new hire orientation and onboarding processes, including review of company policies and the collection and processing of new hire paperwork, background checks, preparation of offer letters.
- Reviews Form I-9s and completes E-Verify for new hires.
- Receives and addresses employee questions regarding company policies, procedures, and benefit plans.
- Monitors compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws as well as regulations from other applicable agencies, including EEOC filing, as well as notifies HR Manager or VP of HR of potential issues and proposes corrective action.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer employee status updates such as departmental transfers, maintenance, leaves, resignation, terminations, discipline matters, exit interviews, and hourly compensation process and training process.
- Assists with the administration of employee records in HRIS including benefit changes, name changes, tax exemption changes, and address changes.
- Assists with group benefits administration to include billing reconciliation, self-reporting, as well as providing information and support to employees as required.
- Maintains compliance with annual HR Audit requirements.
- Performs other duties and projects, as assigned by HR Management, to include office events.
- Owning entry and maintenance of employee data in HRIS and providing analytics as required.
- Enhance and manage our?onboarding?experience for new employees for all departments; manage the offboarding of employees.
- Assist in the company’s performance management program and the annual review process.
- Carrying out and continuously improving HR administrative processes.
- Supporting People Team initiatives, including special projects.
- Support the implementation of various HR programs and initiatives.
- Partner with our finance team on information flow related to payroll.
- Support internal communications?to provide greater transparency on all levels.
- Play a lead role in the planning and execution of team events and initiatives, fostering a culture of celebration and belonging.
- Consult/advise managers and teams on issues related to policy, programs, processes, and legislation.
- Assists with Immigration activities, which may include tracking status updates and petition filings.
- And other projects as needed
- People first mindset and must be focused on creating positive employee experiences and an inclusive culture.
- Previous related HR experience required; post-secondary degree in HR is an asset.
- Human Resources Certification (SHRM-CP or PHR) highly preferred.
- You are a tech-savvy person who loves to learn about innovative technologies and new industries.
- You thrive in fast paced environments and are highly collaborative.
- You are a team player and have attention to detail, critical thinking, and Organizational skills.
- Knowledge of US employment and/or benefit laws is an asset; Knowledge of U.S Labor laws: policies, procedures, compliance, and practices related to FLSA, FMLA, ADA, etc. is a plus.
- Knowledge of benefits administration and interpretation of group policies (self-funding administration experience would be an asset).
- You have the ability to work independently and the ability to prioritize and complete a variety of simultaneous tasks in a timely manner
- You are a strong communicator – both written and verbal communication.
- You have the ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with professionalism and a high degree of discretion.
- Proficient in computer software skills including, but not limited to the entire Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status