Looking for a strong “Boots on the ground” HR Generalist who can work with minimal supervision.
This position must be very organized and efficient, with excellent multi-tasking and project management skills and have experience in employee communications, timekeeping and attendance management, pre-employment screening, responding to questions on human resources and safety policies and procedures, identifying potential issues and grievances, creating and conducting employee training’s, etc.
Qualified candidates will have human resource in manufacturing, ability to communicate clearly with employees, able to support shifts and willingness to step in and help where needed. Qualified candidates will also have innate curiosity to want to learn about the company, employees, products, and processes.
This is a salaried overtime exempt position. This position has a base schedule of Monday through Friday with somewhat flexible hours based upon business needs. This is not a remote position. This position will split time between multiple locations.
This position has responsibility in the following areas.
- Weekly timekeeping reporting for payroll
- Onboarding and off boarding of employees
- Maintaining the HRIS and employee files
- Benefit enrollment, terminations, changes, auditing, and general maintenance of benefit systems
- Responsible for FMLA tracking and maintaining absence records
- Assisting with performance management system
- Develop positive and respectful relationships with employees at all levels and provide guidance, direction, feedback, and advice to support the company’s core values.
- Partner with operations on safety and environmental management systems
- Assisting with various types of plant communications for all shifts
- Participates in in disciplinary investigations.
- Maintains personnel skill inventory, training matrices, personnel and medical files, attendance records, job postings and bids, transfer requests, vacation and personal days off requests, overtime equalization, and related items.
- Assesses training needs, aids in training development and administration of training programs, and assists with training for all levels of personnel as needed.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- HR Generalist experience in Manufacturing – prefer minimum of 3 years
- Ability to support a three-shift operation
- Must have strong communication skills and ability to be professional with employees
- MS Office experience required – specifically MS Word and MS Excel
- HRIS and Timekeeping software experience required
- PHR Certification preferred
- Prior experience administering safety programs, ADP and/or Kronos timekeeping experience, and Spanish bilingual a plus.
What is in it for you?
Full time benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance availability the first of month after 30 days of service, paid vacation time, 401k with 100% match after 1 year of full time service, 9 paid holidays, employer paid life insurance as well as short and long term disability.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Manufacturing: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location