Top Gun Staffing is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer, the Athens GA area who has a broad and general fascination with the engineering sciences and who follows international engineering trends and technologies.
Day Shift: M-F with possible overtime. Potential for sign on bonus.
Responsibilities for Mechanical Engineer
- Plan, conceptualize, and create mechanical designs for new products.
- Develop testing processes and perform testing and validation of new designs.
- Manage cost center spending, budgets, and interface with R&D project leadership for resource demands, schedule, metrics.
- Develop and maintain document quality system for new and existing programs (PFMEA, control plan, process flow, work instructions, and inspection documents.
- Drive complete and full integration of Mechanical Engineering Development Teams across sites.
- Drive complete and full integration of Mechatronics and Structure engineering across sites.
- Performs research, development, evaluation, installation, operation and maintenance of manufacturing systems, processes, and equipment to meet requirements.
- Generate working prototypes for beta testing and customer demonstration.
- Perform engineering calculations to support design work.
- Create and review technical drawings, plans, and specifications using computer software.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary engineering teams, and work with vendors and contractors.
- Perform detailed documentation to track project development and design process.
- Ensure project timeline is met and project stays within budget.
Qualifications for Mechanical Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or 3 years in a related field
- Must have at least 2 years of hands-on experience with high volume CNC Machining, automated assembly, and/or plastic injection molding processes.
- Firm grasp of engineering concepts, and experience designing mechanical systems and products
- Excellent math skills: ability to apply advanced mathematical principles and statistics to solve problems.
- Experience using 3D CAD software such as SolidWorks, AutoCAD, or similar.
- Experienced with Robotic Welding
- Exceptional technical and problem-solving skills and reasoning ability
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly.
- Must be self-motivated and a great team worker.
Desired Skills (not REQUIRED)
PFMEA – Control Plans
Required to sit or stand and move about the facility. Occasional lifting of items not to exceed 50 lbs.
Combination of office and plant environment. May be required to use safety glasses and wear steel toe shoes while performing specific tasks or while in specific manufacturing areas.