This position is responsible for planning, implementing, and maintaining a variety of health, safety, and environmental programs to assure the highest possible degree of safety for employees. The successful candidate will be a self-starting leader who enjoys the challenges of daily involvement with all departments.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure that federal, state and local laws, regulations, rules and codes are observed. Manage OSHA record keeping and reporting requirements
- Conduct risk assessments (JSA, ERGO, PPE) maintain documentation and review as needed
- Circulate single point lessons and lessons learned created by EHS manager to enhance communication of safety incidents
- Review required trainings to ensure employees are trained (ex: PIT, Aerial lift, Cranes, LOTO, GHS) on a monthly basis
- Conduct weekly audits to act as a preventative tool. Document corrective actions and follow up on progress.
- Conduct a read across for all safety incidents at their local plant/plants
- Lead and conduct safety committee meetings
- Ensure all environmental obligations are completed
- Participate in annual Industrial Hygiene testing
- Evaluate and review LOTO procedures annually
- Conduct monthly and comprehensive quarterly outdoor walks of the building to ensure environmental compliance. Create actions items based on findings.
- Coordinate annual required trainings for new and existing employees. (GHS, LOTO, Etc)
- Help develop controls for identified hazards, coordinate the implementation of controls from result of hazard analysis.
- Lead the completion of annual hearing tests
- Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the hazard control system, policies, and procedures and recommend changes that reflect improved opportunities to eliminate work place accidents and injuries.
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace, conduct and coordinate on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices.
- Provide advice and counseling for all compliance regulations.
- Assist in new employee orientation training
- Compile, investigate, interpret, and report accidents. Review property and injury reports.
- Maintain site-specific policies that are required by law.
- Monitor, revise, and implement ongoing updates in safety regulations, laws or reporting requirements
- Purchasing of all safety supplies, products or training items required
- B.S./B.A. degree with at least 1 year related experience in safety, environmental, or health management and compliance
- Possess a high level of technical expertise, ability to apply skills to continuous process improvement while maintaining maximum levels of safety
Benefits We Offer:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Company-Paid Short-Term Disability and Basic Life, Voluntary Life and LTD, Employer 401k Match, ESOP shares, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.