The site Safety, Security, Health & Environmental (EHS) Manager has overall responsibility for managing Safety, Security, Health & Environment improvement activities to achieve excellence at the site level. S/he works as a core member of the site Leadership Team and with site Supply Chain teams to develop the local EHS Strategy and improvement plans in order to achieve sustainable EHS excellence by reducing injuries, illnesses and environmental impact as measured in the core Key Performance Indicators.
As an engaging and knowledgeable leader of your team of EHS professionals and the site security team, you provide support and commitment to and from the site leaders, our hourly associates, and our 3rd Party contract partners to foster the right culture to achieve goals.
Additionally, you will…
- Deploy the global/cluster EHS strategy, policy and standards in the site to achieve sustainable results.
- Manage the EHS teams responsible to deliver Occupational Health, Safety and Environment results.
- Drive safety and environment risk assessment and develop/implement appropriate controls.
- Reduce the site’s environmental impact.
- Lead the EHS Pillar in accordance with Manufacturing Excellence.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Unilever PSM Program where applicable to assess the site PS risks and support deployment in the site and support the application of Unilever guidelines and procedures for Process Safety assessment.
- Influence senior management and drive safety and environmental leadership through line management.
- Monitor site legal compliance and ensure the site meets all local/national regulatory requirements and Unilever standards, provide advice on national EHS legislation requirements & implement relevant procedures and policies.
- Work closely with Occupational Health personnel to identify and mitigate risks which may lead to occupational ill health.
- Assist the site leader to develop and lead the internal crisis committees and safety committee; support the site leader in leading serious incident investigation and analysis.
- Advise line management in all accident/incident investigations.
- Conduct trend analysis from incidents, near misses, safe behavior observations and deep compliance audits.
- Develop and deploy internal EHS auditing and inspection systems, participate in audits of other Unilever organizations as required.
- Determine training needs and assist in delivery of training programs
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- University degree in Science or Engineering or equivalent industrial experience required
- Advanced degree in Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental Sustainability or factory manufacturing leadership experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Health, Safety and/or Environmental in a manufacturing setting.
- Prior Leadership with hourly or salary direct reports experience.
- Project Management exposure.
- Good knowledge of Manufacturing and Process Safety.
Must be able to work in a 24/7 factory environment, donning all necessary Personal Protective Equipment. Essential functions include, but not limited to walking , sitting, standing, climbing stairs, and exposure to varying weather conditions.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability