We are seeking an experienced and motivated HR Generalist to join our manufacturing team. As an HR Generalist in a manufacturing environment, you will play a critical role in supporting all aspects of human resources management, from recruitment and onboarding to employee relations and compliance. Your expertise in HR practices within the manufacturing industry will contribute to fostering a positive work culture, ensuring compliance with regulations, and optimizing the performance and well-being of our workforce.
Recruitment and Onboarding: Manage the end-to-end recruitment process for manufacturing roles, including job posting, sourcing candidates, conducting interviews, and facilitating new employee onboarding processes to ensure a smooth integration into the team.
Employee Relations: Act as a point of contact for employees and management regarding HR-related inquiries, concerns, and conflict resolution. Provide guidance and support to maintain a positive work environment.
Performance Management: Assist in implementing performance management processes, including goal setting, performance reviews, and development plans. Collaborate with managers to address performance issues and recognize achievements.
Training and Development: Identify training needs within the manufacturing team and coordinate the delivery of relevant training programs to enhance employees’ skills, knowledge, and overall performance.
Compliance and Policy Implementation: Ensure compliance with labor laws, health and safety regulations, and company policies. Maintain accurate employee records and documentation to support legal requirements.
Benefits Administration: Administer employee benefits programs, including health insurance, retirement plans, and other perks. Educate employees on benefit options and assist with inquiries.
Workforce Planning: Collaborate with management to forecast staffing needs and develop strategies to address staffing gaps. Assist in workforce planning initiatives to ensure the right talent is available for manufacturing operations.
Safety and Well-being: Promote a culture of safety by working closely with the health and safety team to implement safety policies, conduct training, and monitor compliance with safety protocols.
Employee Engagement: Develop and execute initiatives to enhance employee engagement, morale, and retention within the manufacturing team. Organize events, activities, and communication channels to foster a sense of belonging.
HR Reporting: Prepare and analyze HR metrics and reports to provide insights into workforce trends, turnover rates, and other relevant data. Use this information to make informed HR decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field. HR certification is a plus.
- (3+ years) of experience as an HR Generalist, with a strong background in the manufacturing industry.
- Thorough understanding of labor laws, regulations, and compliance standards within the manufacturing sector.
- Proficiency in HRIS and MS Office applications.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving and conflict resolution abilities.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Organized and detail-oriented with strong time-management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information.