We are looking for a Supply Chain Manager for a well-known tier 1 manufacturer in south Michigan. The Supply Chain Manager will manage the flow of goods, resources, and information required to ensure that processes run effectively so that organizational goals and performance KPIs are achieved.
- Seek to improve all aspects of the supply chain department by reviewing current methodology and processes
- Oversee the functions of the materials and purchasing departments
- Train and instruct other members of the Supply Chain team
- Maintain a friendly and professional relationship with vendors while promoting company initiatives and values
- Liaison with customers to ensure quality and compliance, stay abreast of communicating delivery issues.
- Review and prepare reports on the status of inventory levels, customer shipments, schedules, budgets, and ensure manpower and machine requirements are balanced.
- Research partner companies and seek to negotiate best-price contracts to increase business revenue
- Plan and implement supply chain continuous improvement projects
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience in manufacturing supply chain
- Metals/metal forming experience
- Experience managing and improving supply chain data, information and processes
- Professional communication skills are essential when conversing and negotiating with vendors
- Top-level understanding of all aspects of supply chain processes
Salary range DOE
$130,000 – 140,000