What we need:
We are looking for a Human Resources Manager who will plan, develop, design, and implement Human Resources programs, policies, and practices that support specific goals and objectives of the business unit while ensuring compliance with corporate HR and regulatory standards maintained. Direct reports include other lower-level HR Managers.
Has responsibility for multiple plants/facilities and functions for the division been supported.
What you’ll do:
- Manages and/or oversees the implementation and interpretation of a full range of Human Resources policies and activities by the company and legal requirements; acts as a mediator, counselor, and facilitator in arbitrating disputes between employees and their management; use care and judgment to ensure fairness and equity throughout the counseling process.
- Strategic HR guidance and support to Group Operation Vice President.
- Collaborates with Human Resources Managers and Directors of the business units to formulate, recommend, design, and manage the implementation and administration of consistent policies and procedures related to employee orientation and HR services; studies feedback and develops strategies that balance the needs of the business units and enhance alignment with Corporate goals and initiatives. Analyze and evaluate policies, procedures, and programs to identify their impact on the business unit (successes and failures) and to plan for continuous improvement
- Partners with the Talent Management area to help develop procedures and activities to recruit and/or develop sources of recruitment, interview, and screen applicants, coordinate the selection, screening, processing, and orientation of new employees; ensures compliance with all company and regulatory requirements and reporting that governs the employment function; reviews and maintains appropriate employment records and systems and administers effective and efficient workforce planning strategies.
- Confers with business unit management teams and HR managers to assist with identifying and developing programs to resolve employee skills training and development needs. Leads the selection of and/or development and delivery of training and development programs designed to attain company objectives and enhance employee growth and development.
- Act as a lead for, or participates in strategic HR projects, organizes resources, provides direction and coordination of work as appropriate to the project; serves as a project advocate, communicating and ensuring the achievement of project milestones, managing and measuring change initiatives. Oversees the Division’s implementation, administration, communication, and distribution of annual corporate projects such as the benefits open enrollment process, compensation pay, merit and incentive process, safety and worker’s compensation programs, etc.; coordinates tasks internally and ensures prompt and accurate responses. Assesses areas of responsibility for possible issues related to regulatory (FLSA, OFCCP, OSHA, etc.), diversity, peer equity, or other issues which may negatively impact the workplace or employees.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or a related field.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible professional HR experience with a minimum of 5 years in an HR Manager role, working with a diverse team in a diverse environment in multiple plants/facilities or functions. Professional certifications are a plus.
- Must have Union experience.
- In-depth knowledge of the laws, regulations, policies, procedures, and practical applications governing the functions of Human Resources.
- Strong analytical skills to interpret, adapt, known methods, system procedures, or operating concepts to new situations
- Demonstrated experience leading or facilitating the development and implementation of business-oriented projects
What you’re good at:
- Communicating effectively with a wide range of individuals in written, oral and interpersonal forms, including management and other internal and external business contacts.
- Diffusing conflict or antagonistic situations using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension and maintain professionalism by corporate standards.
- Motivating and directing the activities of others with intention and enthusiasm, and working effectively in a diverse workgroup
- Achieving results through team efforts, challenging established practices and drawing relevant conclusions; and honing your ability to persuade, market, and sell new ideas.
- Excellent presentation, verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact with Mohawk’s senior management, and internal and external business contacts; ability to communicate with others in an antagonistic situation using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism by corporate standards
- Ability and willingness to accept responsibility and the desire and capability of motivating and directing the activities of others, and the ability to work effectively in a diverse workgroup
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results through team efforts, willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions; ability to persuade, market and sell new ideas.
- Ability to act as a managerial advisor on professional and technical issues related to Human Resources.
- Ability to deal in a high-pressure environment (occasionally in a crisis) and render good decisions to resolve the problems
- Number of direct and/or indirect reports can vary according to scope but will exceed two direct employees
- The work environment ranges from an office environment to a plant facility