The Maintenance Planner will be responsible for the planning and scheduling preventive maintenance, repair or replacement of parts on all Assembly department equipment using the CMMS systems. Ensure maximum reliability of equipment and craftsmanship, while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company.
- The Maintenance Planner will be responsible for scheduling and tracking of preventive and predictive maintenance for plant equipment and ensuring spare parts inventory is available.
- Coordinator and track project activities and ensure welding maintenance is completed in a timely manner.
- Follow and comply with all operational/procedures/policies as stated in the employee Environmental Health and Safety programs
- Understand and promote philosophies and Employee’s Charter Establishes and maintains a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) for Planning Preventive, predictive and corrective work
- Tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of department equipment and man hours
- Work with Parts Room to insure proper inventory of spare parts for all Assembly Equipment and manages internally repaired and manufactured parts Interface with scheduling to provide adequate time to do preventive and make planned repairs to equipment
- Ensures that Maintenance Area Leads, Team Leads and technicians are informed of all work orders scheduled to be performed Prioritize and dispense work orders, audit work completion and daily execution of tasks
- Prepares reports, analyzes data, and makes recommendations for improving Maintenance Reliability Manage maintenance budget through monthly planning of repairs and rebuilds
- Provide budget forecast and manage a weekly budget checkbook Data analyst around maintenance downtime, MTBF and MTBR Develop and Analyze BOM’s (parts kits; recipe)
- Work order flow and closure Interface with scheduling and plan a rolling 12 month planning calendar PM pre-meeting/execution/post follow-up with notes and corrective actions from items missed Auditing work completion and effectiveness and PM Audit scheduling
- Daily execution of tasks working with TL and AL maximizing the hours of maintenance labor
- Supports planning of Maintenance
- Assist with updating the Electrical/Mechanical Control drawings
- Assist the controls group with logic and documentation changes
- Assist with the set up and maintenance of TS16949 and Q1 requirements
- Support continuous improvement and lean manufacturing processes
- Daily interaction with vendors
- Work with contractors on projects
- Monitor and maintain good housekeeping
- Work closely with other departments to schedule and communicate events Perform other duties as required
High School Diploma or GED required;
2-year Associates Degree from accredited technical college is preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum three (3) years in heavy industrial environment with strong technical background and preventive maintenance.
- Experience with preventive maintenance programs with computerized maintenance systems (SAP CMMS) proficiency; previous experience with field driven computer systems and inventory control.
- SKILLS and COMPETENCIES:
- Must have prior Maintenance Planning experience Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to communicate up and down the organization to insure visibility of planned work
- Ability to oversee projects from start to finish
- Ability to multi-task and pay attention to detail
- Must have a working knowledge of basic drafting (blueprint reading, dimension drawings, etc.)
- Must have an understanding of basic engineering practices and functions
- Must be willing to work extended or flexible hours as required to meet production needs
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills
- Must have necessary PC related training to provide reports, communication and tracking utilizing MS Office and other software related programs
- Must have good analytical skills
- Must have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Must possess working knowledge and understanding of manufacturing equipment/stamping process, tooling and its operation process and have good manufacturing background
- Good interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills SAP experience