Our company is seeking a Maintenance Supervisor with strong leadership and organizational skills to join our team. The Maintenance Supervisor will be managing maintenance in our facilities. You will be responsible for hiring and training staff and ensuring the smooth running of upkeep or repair operations.
- Inspect facilities periodically to determine problems and necessary maintenance
- Prepare weekly maintenance schedules and allocate work
- Recruit, supervise and train maintenance technicians
- Coordinate both repair and preventive maintenance requirements for all manufacturing equipment.
- Issue disciplinary actions to maintenance technicians based on company rules and policies; including, but not limited to suspend employees.
- Stop the line to protect operators and customers from potential harm or quality issues
- Set schedules based on customer demands; including but not limited to run overtime.
- Implement rewards and recognition based on performance.
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and health and safety regulations
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as maintenance supervisor or similar role
- Strong technical knowledge of all building systems (electrical, heating etc.)
- Knowledge of health & safety practices and regulations
- 5+ years of Plastic injection molding experience
- Understanding of budgeting and performance management
- Excellent planning and leadership abilities
- An eye for detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High school diploma; Degree from a vocational school will be a plus