Planning and designing, installing, operating, and maintaining tools, machines, and other mechanical equipment. Revise processes and process controls and quality controls and instrumentation.
- Implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information in conference with other engineers and personnel.
- Research and analyze specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications in customer design proposals.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain all machinery and mechanical equipment, systems and processes to meet production requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Investigate equipment issues to diagnose operational faults, and to make recommendations to maintenance crew.
- Demonstrate Proficiency with computer-assisted design software.
- Be a vital part of the feedback loop to design engineers on customer issues and needs.
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure that machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Test and analyze the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems.
- Recommend modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Develop and test alternate design models and methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, new applications and necessity of modification.
- Develop, coordinate, and monitor all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, and operation of product designs.
- Estimate costs and submit engineering counter measure activity for variances in part costs and prepare documents.
- Supervision of production workers, technologists, technicians, and other engineers.
- Provide technical customer service for new business.
- Establish and coordinate the maintenance and safety procedures, service schedule, and supply of materials required to maintain machines and equipment in operational condition.
- Write performance requirements for product development or engineering projects.
- Recommend Corrective action using quality tools and methods.
- Bachelor’s Degree (four year college or technical school)
- 6 months to 1 year related experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office
- SolidWorks – Preferred
- ProE – Preferred