Perform engineering duties in planning and designing tools, fixtures, jigs, gating / risering of DISA Vertical and Georg Fischer Horizontal patterns.
- Implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information in conference with Engineers and other personnel.
- Analyze customer proposals, specifications, and other data to evaluate the cost, feasibility, and maintenance requirements of designs and applications.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain all machinery and mechanical equipment, systems and processes to meet production requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Investigate and Lead cross functional teams. Evaluate scrap/defects in castings, and develop C/M plans.
- Demonstrate Proficiency with computer-assisted design (CATIA/Solidworks) software.
- Be a vital part of the feedback loop to design engineers on customer issues and needs.
- Build gating systems for tooling based off Blueprints/3D drawings.
- Recommend design modifications for improvements to products, both current and proposed.
- Develop and test alternate design models and methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, new applications and necessity of modification.
- Supervision of production workers, technologists, technicians, and other engineers.
- Evaluate employees under supervision.
- NOVACAST or MAGMA Simulation Software Proficiency preferred.
- Deep understanding of ferrous Micro Structures
- Write performance requirements for product development or engineering projects.
- Perform audits of non-conforming material at customer facilities.
- Support tooling maintenance and evaluation.
- Bachelor’s Degree (four year college or technical school) or equivalent experience.
- Two to four years related experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office
- AutoCAD/CATIA and SolidWorks/3D Modeling
- NOVACAST – preferred but not required
- MAGMA – preferred but not required