The Manufacturing Process Engineer is responsible for the quality and cost effectiveness of the manufacturing processes to ensure total customer satisfaction and to enable WSC to continue to be a low-cost manufacturer. The Manufacturing Process Engineer designs, controls, and trains engineers/external stakeholders on engineering principles and methodologies to support manufacturing. File structures, history files, and all other manufacturing/tooling instructions processes are developed by this role. Creates/documents standardized work, work instructions, and all other necessary support documentation for production/engineering.
The Manufacturing Process Engineer supports multiple projects and works with cross-functional teams to achieve total customer satisfaction and to continue the ISO 9001 Certification by meeting quality standards and procedures. The projects can be to remove waste, increase efficiency or any other function necessary to create a world class manufacturing and engineering environment.
- Evaluates manufacturing capabilities and performs time studies while identifying and eliminating ‘non-value’ added activities to improve manufacturing processes (Supporting Manufacturing/ Reducing Waste).
- Develops short- and long-term goals for improvement processes and prioritizes with the Plant Manager.
- Owns the engineering processes, training, and documentation. (Engineering Process and Design)
- Develops new or improved processes (Supporting Manufacturing)
- Responsible for justification of projects, based on cost analysis, quotations, etc., and implementation of projects (Waste Reduction/ Process Improvement)
- Assists in research and development projects as required.
- Understands the operations, setup, and processes for all manufacturing equipment. (Supporting Manufacturing)
- Responsible for knowledge of ISO 9001 procedures that affect engineering. (Controlling and Updating File Structures)
- Ensures work area is clean and that all safety equipment in the area is in place and equipment can be operated in a safe manner (Supporting Manufacturing)
- Outsources tasks for research and project completion, including riggers, contractors, and consultants (Reducing Waste Manufacturing)
- Responsible for eliminating waste and recommending best practices (Supporting manufacturing)
- Creates a culture of open communication, trust, continuous improvement, and performance with internal and external customers
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Process improvements and cost reductions
- Facility improvements
- Total customer satisfaction
- ISO 9001 Certification
- Projects completed on time per plan
- World class engineering and manufacturing processes
- Document and Data Control
- Post-secondary Engineering education preferred, or related experience – Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Quality Engineering
- Computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
- Minimum of 5 year experience in a manufacturing/metal stamping environment preferred
- Minimum 1 year experience in troubleshooting, repairing and improving systems preferred
- Ability to read blueprints including GDT
- Prefer familiarity with various types of metal forming and machining equipment.
- Ability to accommodate occasional travel
Job Type: Full-time/Direct Hire
Pay: $80,000k – $90,000k
Shift: Second Shift (Shift start at 3pm)
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 3 years
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Manufacturing facility