We are looking for a material planner to manage inventories and ensure that material resources are consistent with production schedules. The material planner’s responsibilities include determining material specifications, creating and maintaining inventory schedules, coordinating with internal departments, and managing external stakeholder relations.
A successful Material Planner should be able to ensure the appropriate supply of cost-efficient and high-quality materials required to maintain steady production and product delivery.
- Determining the required materials and possibly generating purchase orders.
- Ensuring materials meet specifications, quality standards, and are cost-efficient.
- Ensuring the consistent and adequate supply of materials necessary for production.
- Assist the Operations Manager in attaining necessary materials to support defined schedules.
- Coordinating with other departments regarding production goals, timelines, etc.
- Load EDI releases from customer, develop master schedule, run MRP, create vendor releases, transmit vendor releases via EDI & fax, help update and maintain part numbers and file maintenance fields.
- Tracking production volume and monitoring customer demand patterns.
- Scheduling and overseeing the supply and delivery of materials and products.
- Liaising with operations, manufacturing, and purchasing.
- Managing inventory issues, schedule changes, and cancellations.
- Degree in general material control and scheduling of customer orders or the equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience in an automotive tier I supplier as a Master Scheduler or Master Planner
- Must have a working knowledge of MRP systems.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.