Top Gun Staffing is working with a Tier One Automotive Manufacturer to fill a Direct Hire Material Supervisor in the Louisville area.
All Shifts needed, paying $60,000 a year
The Materials Supervisor is responsible for leading, developing, coaching, and motivating high performance work team
within the assigned material operation. Focusing on safety, quality, and delivery, Materials Supervisor will ensure
achievement of daily logistic goals, identifying workload and/ or roadblocks, and implementing corrective actions. This
candidate will work closely with multiple functional areas to optimize material flows, equipment uptime, and staffing
within the area to meet or exceed daily business objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Supervises and coordinates the work of employees who load and unload material within a warehouse or storage
2. Assigns job duties to material handlers;
3. Communicate critical process areas with team;
4. Ensure material handlers are properly trained on their job, standardized work instructions, control plans, and the
importance of monitoring for quality;
5. Processes orders from requisitions and dispense items from stock.
6. Conduct area communication meetings with material handlers, participate in meetings with other department
leads, and management team;
7. Oversees the utilization of forklifts, hand trucks, or other handling equipment to move material to and from
production lines to stored areas to trucks.
8. Ensure suspect equipment problems are reported in a timely manner;
9. Assist with corrective action activities which apply to material handling;
10. Ensures procedures are according to specifications and that resources are used effectively and work schedules
and targets are met.
11. Communicate customer concerns, process changes, quality concerns, and safety concerns to material handlers;
12. Enters information into a computerized system to maintain up-to-date stock records, retrieve stored data, or
respond to inquiries about inventory levels or delivery schedules.
13. Suggest changes to increase efficiency and utilization;
14. Maintain housekeeping in area of responsibility;
15. Ensure safety of material handlers through adequate training and enforcement of regulations and standards;
16. Report any unsafe conditions to Materials Manager and EH&S Representative;
17. Recommend and assist with developing and implementing training programs;
18. Communicate performance expectations, and perform performance evaluations;
19. Perform additional tasks as deemed necessary and appropriate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Minimum of two (2) years of experience in material handling supervision, preferably for an OEM supplier;
2. High School Diploma required, College degree preferred;
3. Demonstrated experience supervising, mentoring, and coaching hourly work teams.