- Promote a safe workplace for yourself and your fellow employees
- Complete a Safety Inspection each month.
- SQDC tracking of all open safety issues along with weekly updates to senior management.
- Monthly OSHA safety training with employees.
· Manage the daily repair of ladles and melt furnaces. Check operation and condition of the equipment.
· Provide sufficient melted iron, within specification for chemistry, to run the Disa for two shifts.
· Schedule and oversee the ABB furnace repairs.
· Ensure that Tier-3 Work Instructions are adequate and up to date.
· Ensures proper quality system controls are adhered to for any changes of processes, materials, and suppliers.
- Maintain a proper raw material inventory.
· Direct management of the Melt department employees (2nd shift includes core and maintenance)
· Responsible for training, mentoring, and coaching employees. Engage your operators in creating problem solving.
· Hold weekly (at minimum) communication toolbox meetings with employees to cover all relevant SQDC topics.
· Carry a beeper when needed and monitor furnaces on weekends per schedule.
· 3 years of Foundry experience (or an equivalent combination of education and on-the-job experience)
· Ability to direct, organize, and respect direct reports and peer employees in a team-oriented environment
· Possesses a genuine passion and enthusiasm for positive business and process changes with the goals of better servicing our customers and improving the welfare of our employees
· Reasonable computer skills including (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook MS PowerPoint, and BLIS)
- Complete and maintain standard first aid and adult CPR certification.
WHO YOU ARE?
You provide timely and helpful information to individuals across the organization. You anticipate and adjust effective contingency plans. You persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. Providing direction, delegation, and removing obstacles to get work done. Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location