Specific Duties :
- Assist in the establishing of goals, objectives and guidelines covering all phases of plant operations and staff activities to maintain an efficient, functional, operational and profitable plant.
- Directs, guides and motivates immediate subordinates in attainment of projected goals and objectives to increase operational efficiency.
- Assist with the establishment and enforcing procedures and controls within the plant to attain projected goals and objectives.
- Supports and promotes Company philosophies and policies to establish support and organization within the plant.
- Maintains and promotes a clean, safe work environment with a goal of zero accidents. Encourages good safety practices with team members and takes immediate action remedy / minimize any safety risks.
Promotes a 5S culture.
- Assist with the planning and forecasting plant requirements with respect to equipment, manpower, materials and facilities to establish budgets for labor and materials and to complete the organizational structure by requesting reports from departmental subordinates and transcribing the information into the required forecasts and / or reports.
- Initiates and implements new methods and procedures in areas such as scrap control, manufacturing techniques and work force utilization to capitalize upon deployment of the plant facilities and to increase the efficiency of the operations by becoming familiar with related industries through meetings, seminars and periodicals.
- Participates heavily in customer relations by both receiving and calling on customer representatives to promote a sound relationship and to act as liaison between them and the plant to solve problems which have or might arise.
- Recommends acquisition of capital equipment to update present equipment, to increase plant efficiency and to compensate for design and product changes.
- Maintains contact with civic and business leaders in the community relations and to improve the Plant’s local image by participation in organizations with company interests.
- Responsible for recommending changes in organization classifications, compensations and / or fringe benefits for salaried and plant personnel to provide working conditions equivalent to or better than those in the area.
- Reviews the job performance of each subordinate so that employee training and development maybe utilized per Company policy.
- Bachelor degree (or higher) in industrial management, engineering or business administration or equivalent.
- Eight (8) to ten (10) years of experience in supervisory positions at progressively higher levels
- Proven operational success in high profile, high complexity manufacturing launches, preferably automotive
- Proven record of operational excellence in ensuring profitability to set target
- Must be a seasoned Operations Leader. Must be proven. Not looking to groom an individual
- Solid financial background, with a strong connection to shop floor operations .must be able to, and willing to, understand the business
- Get to the GEMB
- Mid plant / workforce. 500+ hourly, with assembly operations – similar experience required
- Excellent people skills, with the ability to mentor and motivate