The Operations Manager will plan and oversee the daily operations of the organization to ensure goals and objectives are achieved. They will be responsible for all employee’s safety and well-being, overall development and supervision of Supervisors and employees, health and safety, quality, customer cost, productivity, and ergonomic issues through using the company policies and procedures
- Plans and organizes daily activities related to production and operations.
- Follow and enforce all plant safety rules and policies.
- Measures productivity by analyzing performance data, financial data, and activity reports.
- Coordinates with other support departments such as human resources, finance, and logistics to ensure successful production operations.
- Responsible for managing the supporting departments, meeting departmental goals and objectives production operation functions of the plant
- Determines labor needs to meet production goals.
- Researches, plans, targets and controls reductions in costs of operations. Achieves yearly financial objectives. Prepares, controls and forecasts departmental budget
- Coordinates with marketing and sales departments to determine pricing, timing, and number of sales promotions, and products to be sold.
- Assists with, or prepares and updates, organizations operations manual and policies.
- Manages policy deployment in the areas of Lean Manufacturing techniques, quality, cost reduction, complete and on-time delivery, safety, customer satisfaction, employee relations, and plant performance measures
- To oversee the hiring, training, and evaluation of staff members
- Performs other related duties as required.
- 10 years of experience in Operational Management
- Ability to analyze plant data and apply results to produce desired business objectives
- Excellent managerial and supervisory skills.
- Extensive knowledge of operations and production management.
- A demonstrated ability to lead.
- Ability to interpret financial data as needed to set production goals.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Production/Operations Management, or related field required; M.B.A. preferred.
- Certification through the Institute of Certified Professional Managers (ICPM) preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years in an automotive manufacturing environment, previous leadership/supervisory role preferred
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be willing to work in various locations within and outside the facility
- Must be able to access and navigate the production facility.