Top Gun Staffing is seeking an early career Process Engineer with welding experience for a role with one of our clients! The ideal candidate will:
- Implement process improvements for GMAW, Resistance, FCAW, and Robotic welding systems using current welding technologies
- Maintain welding systems to ensure manufacturing activities are in within specifications and interpret and apply specifications for manufacturability
- Support maintenance activities in PM scheduling as well as training and developing maintenance technicians in welding
- Collects, tracks, and advises on downtime and scrap issues and implements short and long-term solutions
- Implement new engineering changes that modify assembly processes
- Liaise with vendors for updates to systems
- Design and develop manufacturing processes for enhancements, product changes, and new products, and related fixtures and tooling consistent with zero defect level
- Analyze manufacturing process continually for the enhancement of quality, cost reduction and throughput.
- Assist in developing PFMEA, FMEA, PCP, and PFDs.
- Identify root cause of defects, and provide corrective actions to improve a processes or product yield.
Education & Experience
- BS: Engineering, or other technical discipline plus 3 years experience in Welding and Robotics
- 3-5 years’ experience in Manufacturing Processes
- Expertise and advanced knowledge in GMAW, Resistance, and Robotic Welding systems;
- Projection and MIG Welding (GMAW & FCAW)
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Access PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio).
- Advanced knowledge of Statistical Process Control
- Knowledge of process evaluation, time study, statistical methods analysis
- Working knowledge Drawn Arc (Emhart)
- Working knowledge of Self Piercing Rivet process a plus
- Strong proficiency with Resistance Welding (Medar/Bosch)
- Projection nut and Stud Welding.
- Ability to work in a team-based lean-manufacturing environment