Top Gun is seeking an experienced Process Engineer with Foam or injection molding experience for an established automotive seating manufacturer. As a leader in the industry, we are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Foam Process Engineer to join our team and contribute to our continued success.
As a Foam Process Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and optimizing foam production processes to ensure the highest quality and efficiency in our automotive seating manufacturing operations. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including design engineers, production personnel, and quality control, to implement and maintain robust foam manufacturing processes that meet our customer’s specifications and requirements.
- Process Development: Develop and optimize foam production processes for automotive seating, ensuring the highest quality, cost-effectiveness, and efficiency.
- Continuous Improvement: Identify opportunities for process improvement, cost reduction, and cycle time reduction while maintaining or improving product quality.
- Equipment Selection and Maintenance: Collaborate with the equipment engineering team to select appropriate foam manufacturing equipment and ensure their proper maintenance and functionality.
- Material Characterization: Work closely with material suppliers to understand the properties of different foam materials and their impact on the manufacturing process.
- Process Validation: Define and execute process validation activities, including IQ, OQ, and PQ protocols, to ensure process capability, repeatability, and robustness.
- Documentation and Reporting: Develop and maintain process documentation, including standard operating procedures (SOPs), work instructions, and process control plans. Generate reports and present data on process performance and improvement initiatives.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Collaborate with design engineers, production personnel, quality control, and other departments to resolve process-related issues and ensure smooth production operations.
- Training and Support: Provide training and support to production personnel on foam manufacturing processes, troubleshooting techniques, and equipment operation.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensure compliance with all relevant industry regulations, safety standards, and quality management system requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or a related field. Advanced degree is a plus.
- Proven experience (X years) working in foam production processes, preferably in the automotive industry or a related field.
- In-depth knowledge of foam materials, their characteristics, and their impact on the manufacturing process.
- Strong understanding of process optimization, statistical analysis, and process control methodologies.
- Experience with process validation and quality management systems (e.g., ISO/TS 16949).
- Proficiency in using process simulation and statistical analysis software (e.g., Minitab, JMP) is desirable.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to identify and resolve process-related issues.
- Effective communication skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams and present complex technical information.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and capable of working independently and as part of a team.
If you are a highly skilled and motivated professional with a passion for continuous improvement and ensuring the highest quality standards in foam manufacturing processes, we encourage you to apply for this challenging role. Join our team and contribute to shaping the future of automotive seating comfort and innovation.