We are partnered with a tier 1 manufacturer in south Michigan who is looking for a knowledgeable Welding Engineer (for a direct hire position) to be responsible for managing welding projects, developing standards, improving quality, meeting customer specifications, and mentoring the weld team.
- Investigate welding-related issues to increase productivity
- Analyzing engineering designs for welding requirements, develop testing standards, and establish quality standards for all welding operations
- Develop procedures, processes, and testing equipment for destructive and non-destructive testing
- Develop and recommend welding systems, weld fixtures, robotics, and consumables
- Mentor and offer knowledge as a experienced resource to the weld team
- Provide leadership and advice to the concept and design process of all weld fixtures and participate in FMEAs
- Reviewing welding procedures, processes, and documentation… Make suggestions for cost reduction and process improvements
- Managing welding procedure qualifications to help the manufacturing and welding teams.
- Conducting failure analyses and cause analyses on welding issues.
- Prefer- Degree in welding engineering or related field
- Exception and prove experience in a Welding Engineering role
- Knowledge of ISO 9001/IATF 16949
- Strong robotics knowledge
- Experience with CAD, MS Office, and weld measuring software