As a Purchasing Assistant in a manufacturing environment, your primary responsibility will be to support the purchasing department in procuring goods and services needed for production.
Responsibilities of Purchasing Assistant:
- Collaborating with suppliers: Researching and identifying potential suppliers, obtaining quotes, and negotiating prices and terms of agreements.
- Purchase order processing: Reviewing purchase requisitions, creating and issuing purchase orders, and ensuring timely delivery of goods.
- Inventory management: Monitoring stock levels, forecasting demand, and coordinating with warehouse personnel to ensure adequate inventory levels.
- Vendor relationship management: Building and maintaining relationships with suppliers, monitoring their performance, and addressing any issues that may arise.
- Cost control: Analyzing pricing trends, identifying cost-saving opportunities, and recommending actions to optimize procurement processes.
- Data management: Maintaining accurate records of purchase transactions, updating supplier information, and generating relevant reports.
- Compliance and documentation: Ensuring compliance with company policies, industry regulations, and maintaining proper documentation for auditing purposes.
Qualifications of Purchasing Assistant:
- 3-7 years of experience in purchasing, logistics, or supply chain management, or a related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, supply chain, logistics, or a related field is also preferred.
- Strong communication, negotiation, organizational, analytical skills are essential for success in this position.