As a Purchasing Assistant Manager in a manufacturing environment, your primary responsibility will be to support the procurement process and assist the Purchasing Manager in various tasks. This role requires 3-7 years of experience in purchasing, logistics, or supply chain, or a related field.
Duties and responsibilities of Purchasing Assistant Manager:
- Assisting in developing and implementing procurement strategies to ensure efficient and cost-effective purchasing processes.
- Coordinating with suppliers to negotiate contracts, pricing, and terms of delivery.
- Managing and maintaining relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Monitoring inventory levels and ensuring adequate stock availability while minimizing excess and obsolete inventory.
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders, such as production and warehouse teams, to ensure timely delivery of materials and supplies.
- Conducting market research and staying updated on industry trends to identify potential suppliers and cost-saving opportunities.
- Assisting in evaluating supplier performance and addressing any quality or delivery issues.
- Maintaining accurate purchasing records, documentation, and reports.
- Assisting in analyzing data to generate reports and provide insights for decision-making.
- Staying updated on regulatory requirements and compliance related to purchasing activities.
Qualifications of Purchasing Assistant Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, supply chain, logistics, or a related field
- Strong analytical, negotiation, and communication skills are also essential for success in this position.
- Ability to Travel outside of the Country for training.
Salary of Purchasing Assistant Manager:68k-92k