Purpose of job is to ensure parts and processes are audited and documented for Customer and the company and they meet all documented customer expectations. Give company team/lines approval or not to proceed with production, support plant needs as necessary
The Quality Analyst is responsible for their safety and well-being as well as quality, part audits, system audits, customer cost, productivity, and ergo. This will be achieved by using company policies, SOP’s, WI, Procedures and the Employee’s Charter as a guideline.
- Follow and enforce all plant safety rules and policies
- Follow and comply with all operational procedures/policies as stated in the employee Environmental Health and Safety programs
- Understand and promote company philosophies (
- Responsible for keeping boundary parts in secure area to use for comparison on future runs
- Responsible for making decisions on findings to determine if acceptable to Customer or not, support Customer Specific Standards
- Quality System Audits
- Perform Incoming Receiving Audits
- Perform Material Certification Audits
- Perform Spectrometer process Audits
- Perform Melt Furnace process/recipe Audits
- Perform Casting Line process/recipe Audits
- Perform Line process/part Porosity Audits
- Audit X-Ray process
- Perform/Audit Blister Check process
- Perform Wall Thickness Audits
- Perform/Audit Mechanical Properties of Tensile, Yield, Ductility, Hardness, Punch, and Brinnell
- Perform Check Fixture Audits
- Perform CMM/Dimensional Audits
- Perform DOCK Audits
- Support Operations in making quality calls with product in conjunction with Customer specs
- Responsible to report NC findings immediately to Leadership
- Responsible for roundtable meetings for quality alerts, and containment of non-conforming product.
- Promote good housekeeping
- Perform other duties as required
- Confidence to make decision on findings and support decision with evidence
- Good written communication skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel for training and work
- Understand Customer standards
- Ability to learn Casting process
- High School Diploma or GED required; with a minimum of 1 year as QA Auditor, and have proven track record in cosmetic, functional testing and dimensional inspections.
- GD& T, Weld Standards, Manufacturing Practices, SPC
- Quality auditing/engineering, preferably production supervisor experience in the automotive manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 3-5 years
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of precision measuring tools including tape measures, scales, Vernier calipers, etc.
- Casting experience a plus.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook Express.
- PDCA/8D/5 why knowledge a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint