The function of the Quality Assurance Auditor is to inspect and audit any part being used on the line for accuracy and completeness. The QA Auditor is to ensure that all associates follow current work instructions for given part being run at that time. During the shift the QA Auditor is to inspect all applicable systems in manufacturing to verify that good quality parts are being produced. At the end of the shift, Auditors are to report findings and actions taken in reference to any concerns previous or current to the Production Supervisor.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow and enforce all plant safety rules and policies
- Understand and promote companies philosophies and Employee’s Charter
- Audit quality paperwork for accuracy/completeness (daily)
- Perform and verify Dimensional & SPC inspection per requirements.
- Inspect product to requirements defined on the end of line checklist and the quality inspection forms.
- Communicate quality issues with product to Quality and Area Team Leader/Supervisor.
- Verify internal and external quality alert countermeasures are being followed.
- Assist in set up of rework and sort methods for quality concerns/containments.
- Ensure containments and certification requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Audit and report out on NCM material.
- Pass down to communicate shift concerns.
- Interface with engineering and quality to resolve quality concerns.
- Customer/Vendor travel for rework/sort etc., or otherwise directed by supervisor
- Maintain Quality alert folders and concern matrix using Manufacturing System
- Conduct daily audits for production parts and process in accordance with the layered process audit system
- Inspect and audit finished product prior to shipment.
- Verify correct labeling and product certification.
- Promote good housekeeping and perform other duties as required
- High school diploma or general Education degree (GED);
- Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of precision measuring tools including tape measures, scales, vernier calipers, etc.
- Metal Finish experience a plus.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook Express.
- PDCA/8D/5 why knowledge a plus.